5 Simple Ways to Add Curb Appeal to Your Anchorage Home This Spring
by Dan Wolf
on Friday, March 21st, 2014 at 8:25am.
Are you ready for the big thaw? April means spring temperatures are just around the corner. It also means that if you are planning on selling your home, it's time to get outside and add some spring curb appeal to the exterior to attract buyers.
So as the temperatures start to rise, we thought we'd give you some tips to add extra curb appeal to your home.
1. Time to clean up. As the snow melts, it will begin to produce evidence of a long winter by showing you what was under it. So pick up dead leaves and branches, de-clutter those flower beds, and if you want make a big impact, hire a landscaper to really spruce things up. Remember, the first thing a potential buyer sees is the front yard.
2. Wash hardscapes. This is one of those activities that is easily accomplished if you have the equipment. For those who don't (and can't rent a power washer), you can easily hire a professional. Or, you can try it yourself. To take it on without a power washer all you need is a hose, a coarse brush, and a little elbow grease. Just be sure you don't do any damage.
3. Trim trees and hedges. If you have large trees or a lot of shrubs and hedges on your property, spring is great time to get in some early manicuring. Cut low hanging branches, and clear away any obstructions that would take away from the view of your home.
4. Accessorize. Now that you've got your yard and walkways looking good, it's time to add a bit of color. Add a colorful wreath to your door, lay down a welcome mat. If you have outdoor furniture, clean them (and/or paint them) for the upcoming season.
5. Plant in containers. Add some life to the front of your home in the form of flowers in containers (or even plastic flowers for color). A beautifully colored container full of vibrant colors can make the front of any house pop.
Selling your Anchorage home this spring? Give us a call (907-248)-9653, or contact us through our website.