A beautiful picture is one thing, but serious buyers reads and examines the details. Little marketing techniques can make your home stand out fast.
On the reverse, the wrong words can ruin a sale.
When we put up an Alaska MLS listing here are some things we include:
1. Amenities Galore. We make sure that in the description we put up ALL the positive amenities available to a home, not just bedrooms and bathrooms. The photos don't tell the entire story. The description field is the perfect place to put all the things that cannot be seen. For example, the oversized garage, the mountain views, the secluded garden, the open floor plan, etc.
2. All the Little Details. Many agents just say a home has been "remodeled", but we like to include what remodeling was done. Granite counters, expanded kitchen, new appliances, wood floors, a new roof, his and hers closets, a finished basement, master bedroom downstairs, etc.
3. No Fluff. How many times have you seen an Alaska MLS listing that promised the world and used words like "Splendid", "Spectacular", "Never Seen Before", "Must see to believe", etc. but didn't live up to any of that? Home buyers have been searching for weeks, even months, and they are immune to that stuff. Instead we like to stick to the facts and use words that speak to buyers not sales people.
4. Good Grammar. Bad spelling and grammar says that the seller did not get a good listing agent to represent them. If the agent doesn't have time to check spelling... what other corners will they cut?
5. Motivation. Once we have great pictures and great copy, we focus on the call to action. We want the buyer to feel like there is an urgency. That's why words like "priced to sell" or "great deal" can make a buyer feel they need to be first to compete.
6. Focus on Lifestyle. Buying a home is emotional. Understanding those emotions and marketing to them are important. Painting a story about how the person will enjoy the property is important. We are not afraid to add "enjoy a class of wine on the deck" or "short walk to the elementary school" or "around the corner from..." on our Alaska MLS listing.