by Dan Wolf
on Thursday, August 6th, 2015 at 9:14am.
Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases you will ever make so it makes sense that you should take care of it. However, most people don't really think about the maintenance of their home. Of course, they try to clean it. They also fix things when they break because they have to but they don't really think beyond that. Instead, they just do what they have to.
It is really important to maintaining a home for the following reasons:
• Safety reasons. A well-maintained home is safer. A well-maintained home has less fire hazards because you take care of the chimneys and other potential fire hazards. You will also make sure that all of your windows and doors work, if you need to exit your home at any point.
• Repairs cost less now. If you see a problem now, it will cost less to fix today, then when the problem grows bigger. A small leak in the faucet could become a big problem in a few weeks. A crack in the wall will get bigger, causing more damage and problems.
• Extra electricity and heating/cooling. When you have a hole in the wall, floor, or window, it costs extra to heat or cool your home. All of these little things will add up. Don’t you want your home to be as energy efficient as possible? Then make sure you maintain your home.
• Resale value. You may want to sell your home at some point and want to get a good price for it. If you let your house go, it won’t be worth as much money when you go to sell it.
• Home equity. As you pay off your home, it builds equity, allowing you to get a loan if necessary. When that time comes, they may want to look through your home and make sure that it looks well taken care of or you may not get a loan.
Though most people don’t think about maintaining their home, they should. They spend a lot of money on it so they need to take care of it. It is important for their safety and their wallet! They need to make sure that there are no fire hazards. Also, any repairs will cost them less money now and (not to mention) the amount of extra electricity they are wasting by heating part of the outside. You also need to maintain your home because at some point you may want to sell it and you want to get as much for it as possible!
Contact us at 248-9653 or visit us online at www.anchoragehomesearch.com for all of your real estate needs.